[Papyrus-L] PAPYRUS, windows XP, Clare Imholtz, and Endnote.

Dave Goldman, Research Software Design dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Thu Apr 18 13:23:58 EDT 2002

Oliver Floerl wrote:
>   As some of you may remember, in my initial email I said that  (a) I was
> having trouble using PAPYRUS 7.0.16. in Windows XP Home, and (b) that  for
> another reason I had to try and get my PAPYRUS database into Endnote format
> to be able to work at another computer.
> (a) Does anybody run XP and have troubles? I cannot use my  arrow keys
> anymore, the "highlight bar" keeps following my mouse arrow, and so  does
> the cursor when I try and type something (e.g. in the Search window). Are
> there patches for that?

If nothing else works, you can always run in full-screen mode rather than
in a window. You can set this in the Properties for your Papyrus shortcut
icon, and/or you can switch back and forth between modes by pressing
Alt-Enter.

Otherwise, all I can think to suggest is that you make sure that you have
carefully set up your Papyrus shortcut icon according to the instructions
at <http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/ftp/winNT.txt>.

> (b) My export file for PAPYRUS --> Endnote results in half  the references
> being incomplete in Endnote - either authors or journal,  abstract,
> comments are missing. Someone kindly pointed out that I should check  the
> PAPDATA.txt export file, which I did. PAPYRUS did not create this file
> properly...and it doesn't do it anytime I try again. So the problem is
> not with  Endnote. However, all the information IS in my PAPYRUS file!
> Nothing's missing  there. It magically disappears on the way to becoming
> stuffed into the text  format.

What output format are you using? It should be the one provided by
EndNote's people, as indicated at
<http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/ExchangeP7toEN.html>.

In what ways is the PAPDATA.txt file not created properly?

-- Dave Goldman (dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com)

   Research Software Design            The PAPYRUS Bibliography System
   617 SW Hume Street
   Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)     503-796-1368, fax 503-452-8920

   Technical Support: support at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
     Other Questions: info at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
                 Web: http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/