[Papyrus-L] How to block Imholz messages in Outlook Express

Areli Marina aqm2077 at nyu.edu
Sun Apr 14 23:22:32 EDT 2002

Do you realize that every time you send an annoyed message to the list
about
the Clare Imholtz's malfunction, you trigger yet another round of her
out-of-office messages?

I know I am doing the same myself by posting this message (and I
apologize
to those of you who have kept a civil silence), but in the interests of
helping the hapless defend themselves, I'd like to point out that most
of
you have control over your inboxes.

You can choose to refuse to accept messages from Clare Imholtz and the
list
at large by making the appropriate arrangements within your e-mail
management software.

In Outlook Express, for example:

Choose "Tools"
Choose "Message Rules"
Choose "Blocked Senders List"
Choose "Add"
Type in cimholtz at cesar.umd.edu
Choose "OK"
Choose "OK"
That ought to take care of it.

Other email management programs have similar capacities; please explore
them. And please try to practice a little charity. Clare Imholtz
probably
has no idea that this is going on, since she is OUT OF THE OFFICE.
She'll be
mortified enough when she gets back without our snippy messages.

Areli Marina
aqm2077 at nyu.edu