[Papyrus-L] endnote troubles

Oliver Floerl oliver.floerl at jcu.edu.au
Sat Apr 13 14:50:55 EDT 2002

Howdy everybody,

I have had to transfer my references from PAPYRUS into Endnote recently to be able to work off a different computer on which I am not allowed to install more programs.

Dave has kindly directed me to the PAPYRUS-to-Endnote format on the web, which I have downloaded and used to get my 1,300 odd references into Endnote.

The problem is, as I have just discovered, that about 250 of my references in Endnore were imported without author names, and another 250 or so do have author information but no title, abstract or comments. I have re-imported 3 times but it is always the same result. It would take me weeks to type all this in by hand, and for some reason I can't even use the F3 key to copy from PAPYRUS using Windows XP. Bummer !!

Can anyone out there (including Dave) help me out of this situation?? I keep having to make notes of references and then run to the old computer and look them up in PAPYRUS. There must be some kind of way out of here...

Many thanks for your help,
Oli
O Floerl
Tropical Environment Studies & Geography
James Cook University
Townsville QLD 4811, Australia
ph +61-7-4758 1483
fax +61-7-4781 4020