[Papyrus-L] papyrus and Windows XP

Dave Goldman, Research Software Design dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Fri Jan 18 03:30:27 EST 2002

Randolph Kricke asked:

>does anyone have experience running Papyrus in the Windows XP environment?
>I've problems in using the windows clipboard, hence I can neither cite any
>reference nor can I use the text extract option.

This section from the Papyrus READ.ME file about Windows NT also applies to
both Windows 2000 and Windows XP:

Clipboard access in OS/2 and Windows NT
---------------------------------------
Although PAPYRUS can directly access the clipboard in Windows 3.0,
Windows 3.1, and Windows 95, it cannot get to the clipboard used by
OS/2 or Windows NT. If you are working in one of these systems (or, for
that matter, in any other task-switching environment), as of
Version 7.0.11d you can now go to the Preferences option and pick the
"OS/2, NT clipboard" option. This lets you designate a disk file for
PAPYRUS to use in place of the Windows clipboard. Once you have entered
a filename under "OS/2, NT clipboard", all references to the Windows
clipboard will instead be directed to this file. This applies to the F3
and F4 keys ("copy" and "paste", respectively) and also to the Cite
option.

It should then be an easy matter for you to set up a macro in your word
processor to put text into or take text out of the disk file that PAPYRUS
is using for its clipboard.

-- Dave Goldman (dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com)

   Research Software Design            The PAPYRUS Bibliography System
   617 SW Hume Street
   Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)     503-796-1368, fax 503-452-8920

   Technical Support: support at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
     Other Questions: info at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
                 Web: http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/