[Papyrus-L] Why Windows?

William H. Shepherd whshep at optonline.net
Sat Oct 13 09:53:54 EDT 2001

Well-said.

I am particularly wondering about entering non-European languages in titles (in my case, Greek and Hebrew). I've looked at the demos for Endnote and Biblioscape; Endnote has limited font choices, and Biblioscape seems to require a complicated workaround to mix fonts in a field. Anyone have any experience in this.

Of these two programs, Endnote was by far the easiest to use, and most like Papyrus in its interface. It also did a good job of seamlessly pulling references off the Web. Biblioscape forces you to put references into "folders," which I find a bit confusing. Also, the Biblioscape people seem to have trouble writing grammatical English.

I would add that all the programs I've looked at so far seem to recognize every field but my own, religious studies. I couldn't figure out how to put Biblioscape references into Chicago format; Endnote did it easily, but wrong.

Bill Shepherd