[Papyrus-L] Re: Other packages

Hugh Gunz hugh.gunz at utoronto.ca
Fri Oct 12 14:35:46 EDT 2001

>Library Master produces a completely separate document after conversion
>(with a different file name suggested) so that the original document
>remains as formatted by you.

That's quite true; the problems are two-fold. First, it's very easy in the
latter stages of producing a paper to forget to edit the source paper and
not the text-converted one. Then, after you've made some edits to the
text-converted version, you're stuck because it's extremely tedious to
change the citations back to codes. Second, if you're up against strict
space limits for the finished product you need to be able to shuttle
between the editable version (with codes) and the final product (with
converted codes).

Raisa Deber raised these difficulties a little while ago, which is why I
came up with a WordPerfect macro which provides a clunky workaround for the
problem. But that's all it is: a clunky workaround.

Cheers
Hugh Gunz

Hugh P Gunz
Professor of Organizational Behaviour
Joseph L Rotman School of Management
105 St George Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3E6
Phone: 416-978-1988
Fax:   905-569-4302
E-mail: hugh.gunz at utoronto.ca