[Papyrus-L] Lets not throw in the towel

Rick Lentz lentz at nwisrl.ars.usda.gov
Fri Oct 12 09:59:08 EDT 2001

Dave,

I have appreciated your DOS program, your reasonable prices and
licensing policies, and your terrific commitment to support.  It would
be a shame if we had to lose it.

You indicate that that RSD does not have the resources to continue
working on a windows Papyrus version.  Assuming you lack only the
resources, and not the enthusiasm for the project, perhaps its possible
that your cadre of loyal Papyrus-users (of which I count myself one)can
present a solution. This may be a naive proposal, but I know that I
would be willing to invest a certain amount of money up front, if I
knew we could obtain a Windows or ?-based Papyrus version. If enough
Papyrus users were willing to provide up-front capital, would you be
able to finish the project?  Perhaps we could form a cooperative or
find some other way to find the resources to finish the project.  What
do you think?

--Rick

Dr. Rick D. Lentz
Soil Scientist
USDA-ARS Northwest Irrigation &           Tel:     208/423-6531
 Soils Research Laboratory                Fax:     208/423-6555
3793 N. 3600 E.                         Email: lentz at kimberly
Kimberly, ID  83341                            .ars.pn.usbr.gov
                                   http://nwisrl.ars.usda.gov