[Papyrus-L] Using Papyrus with a Palm?

Peter Hains phains at proteome.org.au
Sun Jul 15 20:14:14 EDT 2001

Dear Steve,

we recently had a discussion about this on the list. I'm exporting my
Papyrus refs in comma (CSV) format, then importing that into HanDBase on my
Palm. There are a number of other databases for the Palm, but after
evaluating them, I settled on HanDBase. It works very well, with some
slight alterations in Quattro Pro (Excel equivalent) to touch up the CSV
export. I don't go the other way, but I believe others are and there's no
reason it wouldn't work.

I'd be happy to proved more info if you need it.

Good luck,

Peter.

At 12:37 13/07/01 -0700, you wrote:
>I'd like to hear about any experiences you've had using a Palm OS
>device to collect data, and then bringing that data into Papyrus.  I
>would like take my notes (substantive and bibliographic) on a
>Handspring Visor, then get them into Papyrus when I get home from the
>library.  What have you had to do to get this working?

I'm afraid I don't have a clever saying to put here.

Peter Hains (PhD)                               		Ph. +61 2 9850 6216
Australian Proteome Analysis Facility   	Fax. +61 2 9850 6200
Level 4 Building F7B                    			E-mail. phains at proteome.org.au
Macquarie University, Sydney 2109		Web. www.proteome.org.au

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and
notify the
sender.  Views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, and
are not necessarily the views of the Australian Proteome Analysis Facility.