[Papyrus-L] PubMed

Dave Goldman, Research Software Design dave at rsd.com
Thu Jul 12 10:00:55 EDT 2001

Donald Hadley wrote:

>I have a problem that since around Feb 2001 I have been unable to
>upload references from either Pubmed or Medline (via university
>library) and upgrading Papyrus to version 7.0.16c has not helped.
>
>Do you know of any changes in the export or import formats

Early this year the PubMed format did indeed change. We have updated the
corresponding Papyrus import format accordingly.

Download the latest PUBMED.FLB library from
<http://www.rsd.com/Formats7.html>. [Note: if your browser automatically
changes the file name to PUBMED.EXE upon downloading, be sure to manually
change the name back to PUBMED.FLB before proceeding further.]

Move PUBMED.FLB to the directory containing your Papyrus program files
(usually this will be C:\PAP or perhaps C:\PAPYRUS). Then launch Papyrus,
go to Formats, then liBrary, and pick PUBMED.FLB from the list of available
format libraries. Finally, choose "Copy from Library" from the next menu,
and specify PUBMED as the name of the format you wish to copy.

This version of the format works well with almost all of the sample
references we have so far examined. If you encounter any problems, please
let us know
right away.

-- Dave Goldman (dave at rsd.com)              Research Software Design
   503/796-1368, fax 503-452-8920           617 SW Hume Street
   The PAPYRUS Bibliography System          Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)

   Technical Support: support at rsd.com       Other Questions: info at rsd.com
                       WWW Site: http://www.rsd.com/