[Papyrus-L] Papyrus and Win 2000

Richard Corkish R.Corkish at unsw.edu.au
Sun Jul 1 03:47:59 EDT 2001

I am unable to paste into Papyrus from Windows applications since I changed
to Windows 2000.  I have installed and run the Word macro below and it does
copy the selected text to C:\CLIP.TXT but the paste action in papyrus still
produces no result.  Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Richard Corkish

At 11:41 AM 7/06/2001 -0700, Dave Goldman, Research Software Design wrote:
>Hugh Gunz asked:
>
> >Does anyone know of any utilities that speed up the job of copying selected
> >text (e.g. in a Web page) to the transfer file so that it can be pasted to
> >Papyrus fields for Windows NT and 2000?
>
>Here's a Microsoft Word macro that will take your currently selected text
>from a Word document and copy it to the CLIP.TXT file that Papyrus uses as
>a surrogate clipboard under Windows NT/2000:
>
>Sub SetClip()
>Open "C:\CLIP.TXT" For Output As #1
>Print #1, Selection
>Close #1
>End Sub
>
>After creating this macro you can assign it to a shortcut key or toolbar
>button.
>

>-- Dave Goldman (dave at rsd.com)              Research Software Design
>    503/796-1368, fax 503-452-8920           617 SW Hume Street
>    The PAPYRUS Bibliography System          Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)
>
>    Technical Support: support at rsd.com       Other Questions: info at rsd.com
>                        WWW Site: http://www.rsd.com/

Dr Richard Corkish
Deputy Director, Special Research Centre for Third Generation Photovoltaics
Centre for Photovoltaic Engineering
University of New South Wales
UNSW SYDNEY NSW 2052
Australia
fax:    +61-2-93855412 or +61-2-96624240
phone:  +61-2-93854068
World Wide Web: http://www.pv.unsw.edu.au/

Scientific Committee member:
International workshop: "Nanostructures in Photovoltaics" Dresden 2001
http://www.mpipks-dresden.mpg.de/~nip01