[Papyrus-L] Papyrus and BibTeX

Richard Fieldsend richard at openobjects.com
Fri Jun 8 04:00:06 EDT 2001

Dear All,
I wonder if anyone could tell me how I might get Papyrus to work with LaTeX and BibTeX. From my previous message, I
envisage something like:-

1) Use Papyrus as the database of reference documents as normal (do what its good at)
2) Create LaTeX document with \cite{} references as normal, but use the reference number as the unique identifier  in
the \cite. That is, if the document that you want to refer to is the first one in the Papyrus database the code  would read
\cite{1}
3) Output the Papyrus database using the BibTeX format (which is approx.
{identifier,
 	author	=	{whatever},
 	title	=	{The Title},
	publisher	=	{McWhoever},
	year	=	{1999}
}
{next document}

where the identifier would to the references ID no. in Papyrus.

If this was the case then the BibTeX program could be used to create the reference list and enter the appropriate
markers in the LaTeX file.

Thanks in Anticipation

Regards

Richard Fieldsend

ps. Mr Goldman, if no-one else has any idea, I have a feeling it was you that gave me an answer 3-4 years ago, so
maybe you could intervene again :)

Ford:   "It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
Arthur: "What's unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford:   "Ask a glass of water!"

Richard Fieldsend
Technical Support and Installation Consultant
Open Objects Software Limited
St. John's Innovation Centre
Cowley Road
Cambridge CB4 0WS
Tel: (01223)-422200       Fax: (01223)-422201
Email:    richard at openobjects.com
Support:  support at openobjects.com