[Papyrus-L] ISI Import

Dave Goldman, Research Software Design dave at rsd.com
Fri Mar 23 12:55:39 EST 2001

Hanne N. Waltenburg wrote:

>I have found a way to import from Web of Science. I use the format in
>the attached format library (zipped) - it is probably based on the
>original from RSD, but I have made some adjustment.
>
>I have chosen to add keywords and abstract to the file, and then I save
>the records to a txt file.
>
>However, this text file needs to be edited slightly, so I open it in
>Word:
>Change page numbers:
>BP 307
>EP 310
>is changed to
>BP 307-310
>And then the file is saved as "MS-DOS Text" (NOT: Text only)
>
>After this the import runs smoothly.

As of Papyrus Version 7.0.16c there is no longer a need for the page number
editing. Here are our official instructions for importing from the Web of
Science:

Use the format provided in our IMPORT.FLB format library named "WEB SCI
2000". This format was last updated in November 2000.

Caveat #1: Make sure that you have a recent copy of IMPORT.FLB. You can
download the latest edition from <http://www.rsd.com/Formats7.html>.

Caveat #2: Make sure that you are using Version 7.0.16c of Papyrus. If
necessary, you can download an update patch from
<http://www.rsd.com/Patches7.html>.

Caveat #3: When you run the import, stick to the suggested Fussiness Level
of "Tolerant".

The WEB SCI 2000 format does import both keywords and abstracts.

-- Dave Goldman (dave at rsd.com)              Research Software Design
   503/796-1368, fax 503-452-8920           617 SW Hume Street
   The PAPYRUS Bibliography System          Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)

   Technical Support: support at rsd.com       Other Questions: info at rsd.com
                       WWW Site: http://www.rsd.com/