[NHRC-user] Yaesu DR1X Fusion repeater

Rick Harkins rick at harkins.net
Sun Jul 26 17:55:51 EDT 2015

Not to be argumentative, but you can't link two repeaters together with
just a patch cord.  If someone told you that, you've been misled.  The
repeaters CAN be linked using WIRES-II, but that requires two black boxes
(HRI200) and two PCs with internet access.  The HRI200 attaches via the
round DIN plug.

The 15-pin external control port has been a MAJOR pain in the tuckus for
all of the early DR1X adopters.  There is a set of logic lines there to
control the switch between analog and digital.  Ken at Arcom developed a
small logic board to go between the DR1X and any external controller with
the sole purpose of manipulating those lines.  Even so, the external
controller ONLY works in analog mode.  It is bypassed in digital mode.

The S-Com 7330 can be used, but it takes a complex set of programming
macros to control those logic lines.

We have one DR1 and two DR1Xs.  We've held off trying to use our external
NHRC controllers because of the complexity.  We didn't want to invest
another $175 for the Arcom board.

Again, I urge you to look at the messages on the Yahoo Group.  Other
people's experiences will save you much pain.

Rick WØYGH