[NHRC-user] nhrc-5 audio

Jay Lovelady jay at fieldcomm.org
Tue Oct 5 14:18:58 EDT 2010

Guys:

I have an NHRC-5 that has been in service for many years, and has recently
started to act funny. The transmit audio level has started to drift and
occasionally disappear for periods of time.

I have verified that the transmit and receive radios are in full
operational condition. I have tried adjusting the pots on the controller
to remedy this problem, but with it being intermittent it has been a
challenge.

Both audio from the receiver and the beep level (courtesy tone and CW ID
etc) as well as recorded audio levels are affected. VR 9 looks like an
easy target for replacement when it comes to troubleshooting. Does anyone
else have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Jay - KD4BPZ