[NHRC-user] NHRC-5 with battery backup

Jay Lovelady jay at fieldcomm.org
Wed Oct 7 09:30:23 EDT 2009

Greetings to all:

This is my first post to the list. I've been thoroughly enjoying getting
to know a NHRC-5 controller that I purchased a couple of years ago, but
have finally been in a position to get operational. It has been lots of
fun and learning.

I'm trying to configure the repeater to switch courtesy tones when the
repeater goes onto battery backup. Switching to battery is handled by a
surplus Samlex BBM-1225. It handles seamless switching and charging of
the battery. In the past we used a Motorola controller that would sense
the loss of voltage from the power supply, and change courtesy tones to
alert users to keep it short.

I see that EXP3 and EXP4 can be used to change courtesy tone, but I am a
little confused on how to use them. I see that they need to be "pulled to
ground" how exactly to do that is where I am stuck.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

73,
Jay - KD4BPZ