[NHRC-user] TAIL BEEP

Richard Cox rich at nhrc.net
Thu May 31 22:08:47 EDT 2007

Jack,

To reprogram the courtesy tone, you first need to unlock the controller.
Then, following page 27 of the NHRC-5 manual, you would enter: *71<n><ddtt
ddtt ddtt ddtt> where <n> is the courtesy tone number to play or program.
The valid range of values is 0 to 7. And <ddtt ddtt ddtt ddtt> is up to four
sets of duration and tone. Duration is in 10 ms increments, valid range is
01-98. Both digits must be specified. Tone is set from the codes listed on
page 49.

For example, to reprogram the main receiver courtesy tone for a single tone
of A4, for a duration of 50 ms, you would first unlock the controller, then
enter *7100505 - where "*71" is for the courtesy tone program/playback code,
"0" is for the main receiver courtesy tone, "05" is for the 50ms duration
(in 10ms increments) and "05" is for the A4 tone.

You can play back the courtesy tone to verify that it programmed OK by
entering *710.

When programming is complete, send # to relock the controller.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Richard Cox / N1LTL
NHRC Repeater Controllers