[NHRC-user] Lost control code

KD6KPC kd6kpc at comcast.net
Mon Jun 4 22:08:19 EDT 2007

On the NHRC-3, you must initialize the controller to change the control
codes. It reads in bold "The only way to change the passcode is to
initialize the controller." Initializing the repeater wipes all of your
settings to the factory default. You must reset ider's and timers.

This is the same for the NHRC-7. Under Section 5.7, is reads, "To unlock the
controller: send the unlock code, release PTT, then listen for the special
"controller unlocked" courtesy tone. The default unlock code is 07, but you
have probably changed that when you went through the initialization
procedure (see Quick Start, section 3.1.) Note: If you have forgotten the
unlock code, you will have to re-initialize the controller."

If you left your control code the default, you may be in luck.

You can download the NHRC-7 user manual here:
http://www.nhrc.net/nhrc-7/nhrc-7-manual-20060809.pdf

- Garrett Dow, KD6KPC
http://nwhawham.com