[NHRC-user] News Release - New product from NHRC Repeater Controllers, Pembroke NH

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Sat May 28 10:09:34 EDT 2005

NHRC Repeater Controllers, LLC  has allowed me to announce the addition
of a new controller to their present line.  This controller is
revolutionary, mainly due to its size.  I'm told that 3 of these
controllers will fit on approximately the surface area of a business
card, a truly micro-miniature controller.  The unit is all surface
mount,  and should be able to be mounted in just about any radio.  I'm
also told the controller has an interface socket very similar to the
Com-Spec stuff, and will be supplied with a pre-made harness assembly
for ease of installation.

This controller, when officially released, will be capable of at least 3
modes of operation.  The first mode is that of a Repeater Controller,
secondly is that of a ID'er, similar to a Com-Spec ID-8, and thirdly is
that of a Beacon Controller.  All user settings are programmable either
"over the air" or via the on board serial port and Windows (R)
compatible software.

I'm told that NHRC is considering building an adapter board to allow the
unit to be mounted into the MASTR-II radio set.  Repeater Builder will
likely build an adapter to allow the unit to be mounted into the
Motorola Micor Mobile with Volume / Squelch pots and PTT switches.

As of this writing, the NHRC-Micro is not listed on NHRC's website, so
you'll need to keep watching here or there for a release date and more
detailed information.
NHRC does exhaustive testing of their products before release, in which
many times Scott and I are involved in, so please be patient, and
continue watching for more on this exciting new product; the NHRC-Micro.

Kevin Custer  W3KKC
Repeater - Builder Dot Com