[NHRC-user] Seeking NHRC-4 Software Update Beta Testers

Jeff Otterson jeff at nhrc.net
Wed Jul 7 21:48:13 EDT 2004

Hi,

   I am looking for one or two people to test a new software release for
the NHRC-4 family.  This new software has greatly simplified programming
(no more hex codes for NHRC-4,) a DTMF access mode, more courtesy tone
choices, different access codes for link control, digital output, unlock,
etc.

   This new software has already been tested on our test setups and test
repeaters, and we are pretty confident it will not blow up your repeater or
cause world hunger.  But there probably are some bugs we have not found.

   This software will work in NHRC-4, NHRC-4/M2 and NHRC-4/MVP.  We would
prefer it was used on a busy repeater that uses the link port.

   Testers will get a new microprocessor and manual, as well as factory
support (of course!) for the duration of the test.  If bugs are discovered,
we will deliver whatever fixes are needed as well as the final version of
the software to you at the end of the test period.

   We need the testers to

    1) actually test the software.  run your repeater with it.  Try things.
    2) tell us about any problems found and help us reproduce them.
    3) verify fixes to any discovered problems.

   If you are interested, please drop me a email.  If I don't get enough
response from the NHRC-User list, I will put this query on the
NHRC at yahoogroups.com list next week.

   Regards.

   Jeff Otterson
   NHRC LLC