[NHRC-user] Re: NHRC-user digest, Vol 2 #5 - 3 msgs

Walter Carter wcarter at KVOA.com
Tue Jan 13 17:31:36 EST 2004

Jeff:

I built a box out of PC board, With feed troughs, Ferrite beads, and finger
stock around the lid. This stopped the problem.
BUT...
I now am using the DTMF Remote boards to control a relay that is in the
power circuit of the Controller. This way when It happens I can reset the
power by remote.
73  Walt

-----Original Message-----
From: k5iq at highstream.net [mailto:k5iq at highstream.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 1:56 PM
To: nhrc-user at nhrc.net
Subject: [NHRC-user] Re: NHRC-user digest, Vol 2 #5 - 3 msgs

Thanks, Walt!  The controller is in a metal box inside a metal cabinet on a
platform @ 500' on the WWL-TV tower.  While I don't think RF is getting in,
with 100KW of Low VHF and about a zillion watts of digital UHF poking
around,
anything is possible!
-------
Jeff--

Peter sent me an e-mail directly regarding the CPU; I don't know which
flavor
it is, but it would have been whatever the processor du jour was about a
year
ago at this time.

-------
Since GMRS doesn't require repeaters to ID at all, this is more of an
annoyance
than a real issue, but one I'd eventually like to address.

Tnx all for info and advice.
73,