[NHRC-user] Delta-Rangr-Phoenix Programmer, Re: [NHRC-user] GE Phoenix EEPROM Programmer

John ka1eks at midmaine.com
Wed Feb 4 14:19:27 EST 2004

JEFF!!! HELP US??!!

ANY NEW THOUGHTS ON A KIT FOR US

I have a few more waiting for a new-burn and the old ones need
reprogramming..I think I have 10 Phoenix's now..some are still stuck on
'that outer band'..

I really don't want to make a 'parall-a-hell burner' argh..besides those
don't clone the chips like yours does..

THANKS - KA1EKS-John>

>Hello - I saw a reference you made to a NHRC programmer for a Phoenix.

>Is any further info available on this programmer. Thanks!

>--

>Eddie Seymour, WB4MLE

>E-Mail wb4mle at surfbest

I'll buy one.

Fred KF4QZN

behalf of; James H Vernetti [wd0ekr

build it

on behalf of; wcarter [wcarter at kvoa

Hi:

Any Idea what the will go for? I have a bunch of Phoenix and Ranger radios.

Thanks Walt

------------------------

I think that the EEPROM programmer will be well received!  Personally, I
think that the Delta is a hot item for ham use because many of them are
being retired to due new FCC modulation bandwidth rules.  They are
plentiful, have high performance and are available a very low cost.

More Delta info is at:
http://www.gemoto.com/delta.htm

  Rick Zach, K1RJZ

  Hi All..

  I WILL LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG!.

  How about a EEPROM Programmer for the GE Phoenix-S, SX and others??

  Guess who is thinking about making some kits.. The people at NHRC have a
few

  prototypes and after borrowing one from Chris, I found it works just
great..

  It will program UHF and VHF GE Phoenix-S, SX, PSX radios, plus Rangers and

  Deltas that use the X22C12 EEPROM..and possibly others..

  I programmed several chips for the VHF and UHF models..both the SX and the

  older S versions..it worked nicely and with some additional software

  variables added, this will make a great programmer.. It not only creates
the

  data needed but will also clone from a master very easy..

  It has a seperate 'read' and 'write' push button for manual use or hook it

  serial to a computer and run the windows-based program they have

  developed..I found to program all 16 channels, even if its a 2 channel,

  there is a simple mod on the web to made the 2 channel phoenix's into 16

  channels.

  Why I am writing this, the people at NHRC would like to know if there is

  enough interest to start this item in kit form in the future..

  Please reply and let them know what you think..

  I have tried it and think it works slick..

  Thanks for reading

  John Barton - KA1EKS