[NHRC-user] Need some help

W8DRZ at aol.com W8DRZ at aol.com
Mon Sep 22 16:03:45 EDT 2003

Hi Jeff,
             a while back I had ask about a word change from
"link" to "Remote" or "Remote Base".  You mentioned it
would be a easy thing to do and wanted to poll the users.

Although I don't recall seeing to many replies on the reflector
this is something that remains a high priority with me.

It would be nice to be able to select the word during setup of
the NHRC-10 but I would be happy to pay for an update to my
controller to say "remote base" instead of "link" even if it
meant sending mine back to you for the change.

Another feature that would be great to have is the requirement
of "PL" to transmit on the "Remote" transmitter, and still have
the repeater in open carrier mode.  This would keep a stray
signal on the repeater, such as a Ham with a lower class
licensee from accidentally getting on 40 meters or what ever
the remote was set for.

Please let me know what you think and possible cost.

73

Jim - W8DRZ