[NHRC-user] NHRC-4/M2 Question

PETER GAILUNAS pete at nhrc.net
Thu Feb 28 22:30:39 EST 2002

Hi,
Pete here from NHRC.

If the Green CAS led will only illuminate if both CAS and PL are
satisfied.  The controller handles this function with simple transistor logic.
If the green led flickers it is because it is getting a valid signal from
the MASTR-II and the pl decoder.  If the green LED flickers the controller
thinks a signal is present and starts doing it job.
The ID cycle starts and will continue indefinitely if the CAS led keeps
flickering.

It could be a tone decoder problem,  It could be intermod.  It may be
possible that the tone decoder is responding intermittently to some
distortion component of the 1KHZ signal.  It only needs to be for a
fraction of a sec to create a valid CAS and start the cycle.    The
distortion may be due to IF issues.

I don't think it is a controller related problem.

let me know if this helps.

Peter