[NHRC-user] Installing monitor speaker on NHRC-3 equipped repeater

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Thu Apr 4 18:52:20 EST 2002

> I have aquired a repeater using the NHRC-3 controller.  This repeater has no local speaker to monitor the receiver with.
>
> I would like to install a speaker on this setup and am looking on any ideas on the best way to do this.
>
> Thanks for any ideas.

Build this circuit and drive it either from your receivers audio into the controller, or if you would like to hear the
controller responses, from the TX audio out.  Either way will work, and I have set-ups that use a switch between these
selections for convenience.

Even though this chip wasn't designed to drive 8 ohm loads, it will without oscillating if you have a big filter capacitor
close as suggested in the article.

http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/audioamp.html

Hope this helps...
Kevin Custer