[CPEPnews] We need your help to persuade Amazon.com to reopen the Contemporary Physics Education Project's account

Howard Matis hsmatis at lbl.gov
Sun Jun 23 22:08:05 EDT 2019

Dear Friends of the Contemporary Physice Eduation Project - CPEP -  http://www.cpepphysics.org,

Last week an Amazon.com machine learning bot suspended our account because of two recent orders.  One was due to a postal error and the other a technical ordering problem on our end.  We fixed the problem immediately.  Unfortunately, we have not been able to persuade the Amazon.com bots to reinstate us depsite having five years of four and five star reviews.

We need your help to persuade Amazon to relist us so that we can educate the nation about contemporary physics.    Please send an email to Jeff Bezos at jeff at amazon.com and/or write a letter to
Mr. Jeffrey Bezos, President, Amazon.Com, 410 Terry Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109

and ask him to reopen our account.  The time is critical is because summer is the period when teachers order supplies for next year.  A sample letter is below.

You can still buy our products at VWR.  One link is https://www.wardsci.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?catalog_number=470067-242

Please modify the letter below with your own words. and send an email and letter as soon as possible.

Howard Matis
Contemporary Physics Education Project

Dear Mr. Bezos,
 I am very concerned that Amazon has dropped the products of the Contemporary Physics Education Project – www.CPEPphysics.org <http://www.cpepphysics.org/>.  These are vital products for STEM education, and are widely used in schools in the US and worldwide (for the past 32 years).   My understanding is that there were only two minor problems, that were immediately solved when they became known.  By contrast there are many comments with extremely high praise.
CPEP a small non-profit with no paid employees, whose mission is to tell the world about what is currently happening in physics. Their members include Nobel Prize winners and Fellows of the American Physical Society.  They have been selling on Amazon for about five years.
It is essential and urgent that Amazon reopens CPEP’s account, so that teachers can get their supplies as they order during the summer.  This is the busy time for teachers, and they order large amount of CPEP products at this time.   I am hoping you will reinstate the CPEP account now, so that this non-profit organization can continue their invaluable contributions to STEM education.
Thank you very much,

Yours truly,