[CPEPnews] Fw: IPA Program

Lynn Cominsky lynnc at universe.sonoma.edu
Wed Jan 23 19:53:04 EST 2019

________________________________
From: lsc-epo-request at sympa.ligo.org <lsc-epo-request at sympa.ligo.org> on behalf of Strunk, Amber D. <astrunk at caltech.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 7:50 AM
To: lsc-epo at ligo.org
Subject: [lsc-epo] IPA Program

Hi All,

The deadline for our International Physics and Astronomy program for educators is approaching quickly (Jan 31). I would appreciate if you could share the link with any teachers or teacher groups you work with.

https://www.ligo.caltech.edu/WA/page/lho-ipa-pd<https://www.ligo.caltech.edu/WA/page/lho-ipa-pd?fbclid=IwAR2Hr0HLFlSzEAvCZZXhLtZCldm11Xo59yc599kcaALOl3HwgXDkRHEvxxg>

[https://www.ligo.caltech.edu/WA/system/pages/images/66/page/GW_Versus_Matter_STILL__CREDIT__Karan_Jani_Georgia_Tech.png?1509584313]<https://www.ligo.caltech.edu/WA/page/lho-ipa-pd?fbclid=IwAR2Hr0HLFlSzEAvCZZXhLtZCldm11Xo59yc599kcaALOl3HwgXDkRHEvxxg>

International Physics & Astronomy Educator Program | LIGO | Hanford<https://www.ligo.caltech.edu/WA/page/lho-ipa-pd?fbclid=IwAR2Hr0HLFlSzEAvCZZXhLtZCldm11Xo59yc599kcaALOl3HwgXDkRHEvxxg>
www.ligo.caltech.edu
The Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) consists of two widely separated installations within the United States — one in Hanford Washington and the other in Livingston, Louisiana — operated in unison as a single observatory. LIGO is operated by the LIGO Laboratory, a consortium of the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Funded by the National Science Foundation, LIGO is an international resource for both physics and astrophysics.

Thank you!!

--

Amber Strunk

LIGO-Hanford Observatory