[CPEPnews] Online course - LIGO: Detecting Gravitational Waves

Lynn Cominsky lynnc at universe.sonoma.edu
Tue Apr 26 00:25:53 EDT 2016

Hello Friends of Contemporary Physics Education Project (CPEP)!

The CPEP website http://cpepphysics.org/ now has a new content area in
Gravitation and will soon have a new poster that features LIGO's direct
detection of the first gravitational waves from merging black holes.

In conjunction with this exciting discovery, we are pleased to offer our
second course for physics instructors of lower-division engineering
physics courses:

LIGO: Detecting Gravitational Waves

It is a four-week (Jun 27 - Jul 21) on-line course and registration is
now available here:

http://www.ssuexed.com/course.php?id=2839&sem=2&year=2016

Note: There are 2 different registration options - 2 academic credit
units ($130) or 3 continuing education units ($85).
If you do not need units, we encourage you to enroll for the less
costly option, as auditors are not being accepted at this time.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

--
Lynn Cominsky
Professor and Chair

Voice: 707-664-2655