[CPEPnews] Nuclear Science Wall Chart is now available

Howard Matis HSMatis at lbl.gov
Fri Aug 24 19:27:08 EDT 2007

Dear CPEP supporter:

The Contemporary Physics Education Project has just reprinted its
popular Nuclear Science Wall Chart, which has been out of stock for
several months. The chart (item #113WW7196000) is 50 cm x 107 cm.
The new version includes a few new additions such as element number 113.

This chart explores the structure, properties and interactions of
atomic nuclei; describes basic nuclear processes and the modern
picture of the nucleus, then applies them to the formation of the
Universe. It illustrates the known isotopes with a chart of the
nuclides in graphic form, traces radioactive decay from alpha to
gamma and shows how new elements are found. Many applications of
nuclear science are described.

You can order this chart from our distributor, ScienceKit, from this
online link.

http://sciencekit.com/nuclear-science/p/IG0023994/

To learn about our organization, you might want to revisit our newly
redesigned website,

http://www.cpepweb.org/

It announces the exciting news that one of our members won the Nobel
Prize in Physics last year.

Howard Matis
Vice-President for Nuclear Physics

.