[Coco] 1982 Vegas game playing contest, featuring Steve Bjork and other programmers

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Mar 18 15:53:35 EDT 2024

An interesting recap of a 1982 gamer contest where a dozen game programmers were pitted against each other playing games for five minutes to see who could get the highest score. Our own late Steve Bjork was one of the participants:

https://allincolorforaquarter.blogspot.com/2015/09/the-1982-wizard-vs-wizards-tournament.html

The magazine referenced in this article is available at archive.org. I ran across it recently, and realized I’d seen it earlier when reading through this excellent (unpublished) arcade history book. I must not have read this entry (I was reading for arcade history, not some random vegas game programmer challenge) else I would have noticed a CoCo guy in participation.
--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware