[Coco] Intercepting commands like POKE?

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Thu Jan 4 11:28:36 EST 2024

On 1/4/2024 9:48 AM, Jim McClanahan via Coco wrote:
> I'm more familiar with MS's 6502 BASIC and it has been a while since I dug
> into either, but there is a routine that gets called each time BASIC is
> ready to fetch the next command down in Page Zero. (In Extended BASIC, it
> looks like it is at $009F.) That is set up when BASIC initializes, but you

I also immediately thought of the 6502 CHRGET routine, assuming it would
also be present in the 6809 MS BASIC port.  I didn't get a Google hit on
CHRGET, but with your note about it being $009F, it looks like it's
called GETNCH (get next character) in the Extended BASIC unravelled.

I mention CHRGET for the OP, as a quick web search for that term will
show a ton of articles and ideas for how it's been used elsewhere.

Jim