[Coco] Intercepting commands like POKE?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Jan 4 11:03:00 EST 2024

> On Jan 4, 2024, at 9:49 AM, Jim McClanahan <jim30109 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm more familiar with MS's 6502 BASIC and it has been a while since I dug into either, but there is a routine that gets called each time BASIC is ready to fetch the next command down in Page Zero. (In Extended BASIC, it looks like it is at $009F.)

I see — “This routine picks up the next input character from BASIC.”

Since this is in RAM, it could be patched to go to new code that either does something with the token, or ignored it.

I suppose this is how folks add new commands? Or does the MS tokenizer have some provision for extending the token table? I suppose it must, since Extended and Disk BASIC both add more.

		— A