[Coco] Passing of Steve Bjork, Computer Gaming Pioneer and CoCo Developer

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Jan 2 20:50:46 EST 2024

> On Jan 2, 2024, at 7:19 PM, David Lord via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> I have the Lower Kit in my old battleship grey Coco1.  The switch out back on mine is used to kill the chroma signal when I would run it into a monochrome monitor.  It made for very sharp monochrome text.

That’s cool - so that switch is for a composite video output mod, then?

I remember there being a POKE on the CoCo 3 that would kill the colorburst signal — helped make 80 columns on a TV set more less-readable.

--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware