[Coco] Questions for the Group

coco at jechar.ca coco at jechar.ca
Fri Feb 2 14:12:25 EST 2024

On 2024-02-01 15:51, mcnd96 via Coco wrote:
> Hello!I have two questions for the group.If I have a dsk image on my
> windows pc (and drivewire 4), is there a way to get a specific file
> from it and copy it to a drive on the PC?If said file is a coco max
> file,  is there current graphics software or filter for PC that can
> read and write that format so I can edit it in modern tools and write
> it back to coco?Thanks allSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy
> smartphone

You can view GIF's on a CoCo and you can edit them on a PC make sure you
are using
Indexed 8 bit and 200x320 resolution. Maybe someone knows of a GIF -->
VEF translator on the coco. Also some viewers on the require GIF87 and
the standard these days is I think GIF89 however they are compatable so
you can just use a disk
editor to change the string GIF87 to GIF89 near the front of the .gif
file's data.