[Coco] New MLF Releases

mdj at bds-soft.com mdj at bds-soft.com
Tue Apr 23 10:36:40 EDT 2024

All -

The primary way I have fun with the CoCo is by trying to see just how much I
can cram into a 64K CoCo 2, and to make the results available FREE to
everyone.

For this year's "Last" Chicago CoCoFEST, I've put together four additions to
my ML Foundation Project:

1. Malky's Warren, version 1.0.1: The First Training Quest

                A Simple Proof-Of-Concept Maze Game (with bug fixes)

                Built on top of the ML Foundation System.

                ( Malky's now works on a CoCo 2 as originally intended )

2. Bippi's Cave, version 0.0.1: The Second Training Quest

                A substantially more complex Maze Game.

                ( A Work in Progress - Being built on top of the ML
Foundation System )

                At this point, you can walk the maze, but not much else.

3. Printer Operations Routines

          These provide the ability to send text to the printer via the
Color

               Computer's RS-232 "BitBanger" port.

          Great for debugging: Run a program in the CoCo Screen while having
it

               report its status at various points on the serial printer.

4. Three Simple Little Tools

          To Ease MLF False Disk Linear Sector Checking

          Two BASIC programs that list the contents of individual disk
sectors

               on the serial printer.

          And one BASIC utility that translates Disk Granule Numbers into

               Disk Track Number and range of Sector Numbers.

These are now available on my website at
https://www.bds-soft.com/cocoPapers.php .

I've also submitted them to the CoCo Archive at
https://colorcomputerarchive.com/ .

If you're at the Fest, please drop by Table 43 and say Hi.

Dave

--

M. David Johnson

mdj at bds-soft.com