[Coco] Z80 discontinued (after nearly 50 years on the market)

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Apr 22 09:40:27 EDT 2024

Interestingly about the Z-80 … the last time I was at an Embedded Systems Conference (in late 2000s or early 2010s maybe?) there was a booth that was selling two things - a Z-80 and some kind of modem-on-a-chip. I believe this was Zilog. Checking their wiki entry, I see it says “is a” instead of “was a” and does list they had a Z022 series single-chip modem. Talk about a company with staying power.

		— A