[Coco] Coco mini

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Apr 19 16:50:01 EDT 2024

> On Apr 19, 2024, at 3:38 PM, Joshua Harper via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> hi there guys hey just wondering, would it be possible to make a Coco mini that would allow people to play any of the Coco racks this files or tape files that actually don’t have a Coco a lot of game systems nowadays are coming out with a mini version to be able to just play the games and it would be kind of cool if There could be a Coco mini that would allow you to plug the joysticks to it and install or tape images. How hard do you think it would be to come up with something like this curious

It is certainly easy to kludge together a Raspberry Pi and make it act as a CoCo emulator, and folks have 3-D printer enclosures that look like CoCos, but without the real joysticks it’s not quite the same as sitting at a CoCo.

I think that would be key — a reproduction analog joystick (which could then go to USB in to the emulator like the RetroGames Mini devices do). That would be cool.

		— A