[Coco] CoCo 3 HTTPS:\\ GUI Web Browser

Patrick Ulland rickulland1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 11:17:05 EDT 2024

On 4/16/2024 9:26 PM, John Mark Mobley via Coco wrote:
> I have an idea for an https:\\ CoCo GUI web browser.

Here at CoNect we've been experimenting with a similar idea, while
trying to avoid a local middleman. After all HTML1.1 is just a stream of
ASCII with downloads, and HTML was designed to fail gracefully. For
information exchange (vs advert. delivery), ignoring tags you can't
render is a practical solution.

The original WebTV setup looks fun. A remote proxy server that
downconverts https and big pictures into simple http and smaller ones.
That would not be tied to a single user, project, or computer -
'ethernet' as compatibility layer. Hook up your Apple][ Uthernet and
join in!

Pass one of a proper CoCoIOr user manual is almost done, even with warts
a much better explanation of what we are trying to do.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-WJdl9aZJwPv5ixofXWQ74rsHo9vC-eF/view?usp=sharing

  -rick ulland

CoNect