[Coco] XRoar and Color

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Wed Apr 3 04:28:00 EDT 2024

Allen Huffman via Coco wrote:
> > On Apr 1, 2024, at 8:04 PM, phil pt via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > 1. How do you setup XRoar to run the NitroOs9 & Coco roms?
>
> You can boot in to a CoCo with Disk BASIC, and then mount one of the
> 40 track double sided disk images for NitrOS-9 and “DOS” to boot.
> Actually, I think you could use the 80 track disk image as well.

You can also download Michael Furman's IDE image of EOU, as XRoar supports
a "Glenside IDE" style controller:

https://github.com/n6il/eou_ide/releases

You need some sort of IDE ROM - YADOS works, as does the LBA build
of HDB-DOS.

Example of running XRoar:

xroar -m coco3 -machine-cpu 6309 -cart ide -cart-rom yados.rom 6309_ide_xroar/63IDE.ide

> > 2. Does XRoar have the original RS232 Pack Rom?
>
> I do not think XRoar emulates the Deluxe RS232 Pak. It also does not
> really emulate the Serial I/O bitbanger port — only enough to make
> ROM calls like PRINT#-2 or LLIST output thru it to a text file, if you
> configure it as such.

Yeah sadly no serial support yet.

..ciaran