[Coco] LWASM "Hello World" for OS 9.

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Thu Sep 21 11:38:43 EDT 2023

I can’t speak for LWASM and what change would be needed using it specifically, but here is on for the level 1/2 assembler ASM:

         nam   Hello
         ttl   program module

* Use NitrOS9/EOU definition files
         ifp1
           use /dd/defs/deffile
         endc

* From here to MOD pseudo op is for setting up the OS9 module header
*   information. For a normal assembly language user program, the only
*   thing you might change is the rev (revision; part of 'At/Rv' seen in
*   IDENT information).

tylg     set   Prgrm+Objct
atrv     set   ReEnt+rev
rev      set   $01
         mod   eom,name,tylg,atrv,start,size

u0000    rmb   1            scratch var (unused in this example)
size     equ   .

name     fcs   /Hello/
         fcb   $01          Edition # (I usually this for internal version #)

* Text message to print
Message  fcc   'Hello World'
         fcb   C$CR
MsgSize  equ   *-Message    Message size

start    lda   #1           Standad output path (normally the screen)
         leax  Message,pcr  Point to message to print for I$WritLn
         ldy   #MsgSize     Size of message to print for I$WritLn
         os9   I$WritLn     Print it
         clrb               No error to report
         os9   F$Exit       Exit our tests program with no error

         emod
eom      equ   *
         end