[Coco] CoCopedia MM/1 entry.

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sun Jun 4 10:41:42 EDT 2023

On Sat, 3 Jun 2023 21:00:15 -0500
Allen Huffman via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2023, at 6:04 PM, Hayden Kroepfl via Coco
> <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
> >
> > Then there's also the
> > other variants like the Wittman Computer Products 306 (WCP306) which
> > is IIRC a MM/1 based motherboard.
>
> Not MM1 based but it was sold as an Mm1b or something by Blackhawk
> maybe? WCP306 rebranded.

    Correct, Carl Kreider's AT306 was NOT MM/1 based. It used a 68306,
IBM type 'mega chip' for I/O, and had an ISA bus to use IBM type cards.
Mine used a Trident video card and Adaptec SCSI card. (I had a hand in
some of the drivers.) Carl wrote an x68 emulator so the ROM on the ISA
cards could initialize the hardware.

    It was re-sold by a couple of other companiys (Wittman and Farna, at
least).

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
"Of course, on the system *I* administrate, vi is symlinked to ed.
Emacs has been replaced by a shell script which 1) Generates a syslog