[Coco] 101 uses for a CoCo 3

Robert "Exile In Paradise" Murphey exile at weylan-yutani.com
Mon Jul 24 08:36:57 EDT 2023

On Sun, 2023-07-23 at 23:09 -0500, John Mark Mobley via Coco wrote:
> I was thinking that it be nice to use my CoCo as a terminal for the
> Raspberry Pi Linux computer.
>
> What would be a good terminal program for me to use?

Setup the Pi to run pyDriveWire.

With pyDriveWire running, you can use DTerm and take advantage of the
pyDriveWire SSH out as well as the file and other capabilities.

DWterm supports VT-100 style terminal emulation and several choices of screen
size on CoCo1, 2 and 3.

There is also an MC-10 version of DwTterm.

pyDriveWire
https://github.com/n6il/pyDriveWire

DwTerm
https://github.com/n6il/DwTerm

DwTermMC10
https://github.com/n6il/DwTermMc10

And if you're lookfing for pure "back then" terminal, the disk version of
VidTex supported much of the DEC VT-52 terminal emulation, including several of
the VDG's graphical modes which could be taken advantage of from the Pi.

--
Robert "Exile In Paradise" Murphey <exile at weylan-yutani.com>
Weylan-Yutani Corporation