[Coco] Can I pass command line parameters to a cmoc program from os9 ?

Sean Conner sean at conman.org
Sat Jul 22 16:27:36 EDT 2023

It was thus said that the Great coco--- via Coco once stated:
> All
>
> Wanted to know how to pass a parameter from the OS9
> command line into a CMOC generated program. Found no
> usefull examples in the CMOC manual ...

  Try the following program:

======================

#include <stdio.h>

int main(int argc,char *argv[])
{
  int i;

  for (i = 0 ; i < argc ; i++)
  {
    printf("command line argument %d: '%s'\n",i,argv[i]);
  }
  return 0;
}

  In C, the function main() gets the command line broken up by whitespace
and each "argument" in the argv[] array.  By convention, argv[0] is the
program name itself.

  The C standard doesn't define the getopt.h header---that is specified by
POSIX (read: water downed Unix).  If getopt.h doesn't exist for your system,
then you'll have to write code to look through the argv[] array passed to
main().

  -spc