[Coco] Can I pass command line parameters to a cmoc program from os9 ?

coco at jechar.ca coco at jechar.ca
Sat Jul 22 14:31:38 EDT 2023

All

Wanted to know how to pass a parameter from the OS9
command line into a CMOC generated program. Found no
usefull examples in the CMOC manual so I found a program
source example on the internet and replaced <stdio.h>
and <stdlib.h> with <stdarg.h> and <coco.h> that gives me
this program. between the ========== cut lines.
#include <stdarg.h>
#include <coco.h>
#include <getopt.h>

/* Flag set by `--verbose'. */
static int verbose_flag;

int
main (int argc, char *argv[])
{
   while (1)
     {
       static struct option long_options[] =
     {
       /* This option set a flag. */
       {"verbose", no_argument,       &verbose_flag, 1},
       /* These options don't set a flag.
          We distinguish them by their indices. */
       {"blip",    no_argument,       0, 'b'},
       {"slip",    no_argument,       0, 's'},
       {0,         0,                 0,  0}
     };
       /* getopt_long stores the option index here. */
       int option_index = 0;

       int c = getopt_long (argc, argv, "bs",
                long_options, &option_index);

       /* Detect the end of the options. */
       if (c == -1)
     break;

       switch (c)
     {
     case 0:
       /* If this option set a flag, do nothing else now. */
       if (long_options[option_index].flag != 0)
         break;
       printf ("option %s", long_options[option_index].name);
       if (optarg)
         printf (" with arg %s", optarg);
       printf ("\n");
       break;
     case 'b':
       puts ("option -b\n");
       break;
     case 's':
       puts ("option -s\n");
       break;
     case '?':
       /* getopt_long already printed an error message. */
       break;

     default:
       abort ();
     }
     }

   if (verbose_flag)
     puts ("verbose flag is set");

   /* Print any remaining command line arguments (not options). */
   if (optind < argc)
     {
       printf ("non-option ARGV-elements: ");
       while (optind < argc)
     printf ("%s ", argv[optind++]);
       putchar ('\n');
     }

   return 0;
}

Attempting to compile this program gives me the error.

cmoc --os9 cc.c
cc.c:4:10: fatal error: getopt.h: No such file or directory
     4 | #include <getopt.h>
compilation terminated.
cmoc: fatal error: preprocessor failed.

Which I assume means that there is no <getopt.h> as part
of CMOC does that mean that there is no way to pass parameters to
a cmoc program from os9 ?