[Coco] CoCo shedding some weight (and heat!)

Robert Emery remery66 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 17:28:45 EDT 2023

On a CoCo 3, if it's a 5v supply, it _can_ work but you won't have cassette
or serial I/O or RF output.
 A Pepper board fixes that, but it needs minimum 7v in, so you either need
a 9-12v supply, or you can use a step-up converter, but those can be
electrically noisy.
 By itself, at 12v, the CoCo 3 draws just over half an amp.
 I'm not sure about CoCo 2s, but I think they run entirely off 5v.