[Coco] CoCo3.org

Patrick Ulland rickulland1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 17:51:09 EDT 2023

With a domain like CoCo3.org I have to mention our (CoNect & friends)
project, the CoCoIO ethernet card for CoCo 1,2, or 3. It’s purpose is to
connect your CoCo to your cable modem with a cable and do networky
things free of PI or PC, just because. The hardware has limitations,
mainly, Protector boards don't like us. News to come.

  The idea has limitations also. First, no ssh or https. If you own a
domain, this is easy (hint hint). The danger is to a client on a
mainstream PC, not server or CoCo. Don’t advertise to those normys from
a regular home page, we’ll pass the secret link on Discord or something.
For their own good.

  The other issue is what a OS9 CoCo can do. My original demo was a
quasi web browser, expect fall release of an alpha app that is a little
less demo and could actually consume content on a CoCo3 (2 with
goodies). We’ve got a pretty good idea what subset of HTML1.1 a CoCo can
readily absorb, and how to write pages to serve it. Random thoughts at
https://computerconect.com/blogs/news/to-the-web . Pages the CoCo3 can
render at http://play-classics.net/cocoio/index.html . Shrink your PC
browser to smallest width and 24ish lines for a CC3 approximation.

  While there is RAM left;-) it would be good the hear other peoples ideas.

Thanks!

-ricku