[Coco] A quick question re Glenside CCC… how close is GCCCHQ to DeKalb?

Kevin Havens W9JYD w9jyd.ham at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 03:17:58 EDT 2023

CQ de W9JYD my fellow CoCoNutz…

At this point in time, I’m in Augusta, Georgia, in the final days of a huge
mistake coming here (but irrelevant to this post, so won’t be discussing it
further)… but I’m relocating to DeKalb, IL around the day I get paid in a
little over a week from now.

I’ve had “Attend a Last! CoCoFest” on my bucket list for EVER. Knowing that
DeKalb is close to the place where Lonnie birthed the first (and farewell…
nice touch imho) RainbowFEST somewhere round that area. And reading some
back issues of CoCo~123 from Guilliame’s CoCo Archive… I seen some
references to the town I’ll be moving to next month. But I’m just recalling
from memory. I really want to hold a “dead tree version” of a newsletter
again for that immediate high of nostalgia. PDF is where it’s at and always
available (just generalizing) but sometimes I want to have a physical
printed copy without Facebook, Messenger, instagram, iMessage, whatever
intruding upon my reading by sliding down a notification that the developer
deems appropriate…

So, TL;DR… my question is in the subject line, basically. I need to get
into doing things I love doing. I already found an amateur radio club there
in DeKalb, and I remembered, with possibly fuzzy memory, that Glenside was
in or somewhere around DeKalb. If anyone could help me with this,
appreciate it.

And if so, I will DEFINITELY join Glenside.

73s de W9JYD
--
73 de W9JYD, Muncie, IN, USA (EN70he)
Ham on CST BBDoll