[Coco] Cross-platform editor for CoCo BASIC?

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Jan 27 22:40:55 EST 2023

I know some front ends have been done that let you write BASIC as a more modern looking language, and then they export it out as Microsoft BASIC.  One, I think, was based on the ATOM text editor. I went looking for that tonight but found ATOM was discontinued last year.

Are there any cross platform solutions like this? I use MS Visual Studio Code since it runs on my Mac, Windows and Raspberry Pi. There is the CoCoTools extension that color codes BASIC and can RENUM lines, and also launch certain emulators, but I was looking for something else.

I’ve seen some examples and it sure looks nicer to write code all tabbed over and not worry about short variables and such, and have the editor take care of that later.

--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware