[Coco] Update to DriveWire 4 Java

Rocky Hill qbancoffee at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 10:08:36 EST 2023

 After updating DriveWire 4 project to run with newer versions of Java  I got some feedback saying that it was occasionally crashing under Windows 10.  I narrowed the problem down to an older version of the Java RXTX serial library. I've updated the project to use the Neuron Robotics nrjavaserial serial libray. The Neuron Robotics nrjavaserial serial libray is an updated and maintained fork of
the Java RXTX serial library so it was almost a drop in replacement.
In addition to the update, Aaron Wolfe graciously gave me access to the sourceforge repository for the project and I've added the latest Java 17 release. Clicking on the green Download button  will download the updated version of DriveWire 4. This specific download requires the user to have Java 17 or greater installed. Running the included scripts for your specific 64 bit OS should start DriveWire 4.

A link to my github repo has also been included in the sourceforge main project page.
All of the original source code and releases are still available from the sourceforge repo and  I plan on updating the repo in the next several months.

Please download and try it. You can scroll down past the project files and there will be links to run it on several systems  without the need to install java if you don't want to.
https://github.com/qbancoffee/drivewire4

I've tested on the following 64 bit OS's:
Ubuntu linux Raspberry pi OS (debian based)  Windows 10

Here is a link to the original repository with updated links.  https://sourceforge.net/projects/drivewireserver/

Thanks,
Pedro