[Coco] [CoCo] Looking For DFIX.BAS and DFIX.BIN

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 17:23:55 EST 2023

On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 7:56 PM Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2023, at 7:10 PM, David Ladd via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com>
> wrote:
>
> I wonder how hard it would be to apply this to a new ROM image so can
> install a ready to go image in a HD modded 26-3029 that needs the CoCo 3
> running in high speed all the time.
>

> Ah, a job for CoCoSDC’s banks of ROM!  I wonder if one can apply the patch
> (LOADM”DFIX”:EXEC) and then just use the utility to save the ROM in to
> another bank, and it will work?

I am not sure yet, I still have to fully go through the DFIX code.

Now I know I have installed a custom version of Disk Basic and SDC-DOS on
my CoCoSDC so that my version of the ROM's have the bits set so that drive
2 is the back side of 0, and drive 3 is the back side of 1.  This allows me
to use both sides of the disk on real floppies and in disk images.

Though patching Disk Basic so that can run in high speed mode and access HD
floppy disks on my 26-3029 with the replaced crystal and data seperator
will be nifty. :D

> --
> Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT
> only)
> http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware

Sincerely,
David Ladd