[Coco] Midi maestro

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon Jan 16 20:34:54 EST 2023

On 1/16/23 18:55, rietveld rietveld via Coco wrote:

> https://www.go4retro.com/products/midi-maestro/

Now that I would have paid a goodly sum for, 25 years ago when I was
playing with Mike Knutsons Ultimuse III

I was driving one keyboard with a modified rs-232 pack and another with
the bit-banger, but could never figure out how to capture the woofs
playing as she was a music teacher in the county school system. Sadly
neither of my cheap keyboards were velocity sensitive, and about as far
from General Midi as you could get.  Cheap stuff, was busy paying off
this house at the time.

Mike dropped by my place a few years later in a big, but old stretched
econoline van, full of wind organ pipes he was going to build into
another organ someplace north I've long forgotten the name of, and to
those who have lucky enough to have met Mike, yes, we had fun telling
war stories for about 3 hours and killed half a case of my beer. That
was the last time I had more than 2, it runs my sugar too high.

Fond memories.  Thanks for the trigger.